Monday, January 2, 2012

You + Me = 3

Whew. Now that it's out in the open (I've been waiting a while for this), I'll catch you up on our life lately! It's obviously been interesting. =) 

We are finally settled here in Bryan, TX.  We were able to find an amazing condo to rent for a wonderful price and the best part is it's within biking/walking distance of the church, our gym, walmart, and, my favorite, Chick-fil-a! Even though it took us a little while to get adjusted to the size (it's half of the size of our house in Hattiesburg), we are really enjoying it.  Although, with the new addition, we are going to have to get extremely creative on how to organize our one spare bedroom into a nursery/guest room/craft room! I'm welcome to ideas if you have any!

Our holidays were filled with traveling, family time, and more traveling.  My cousin got married Saturday the 17th in a BEAUTIFUL Christmas/winter wedding.  Isn't she the most beautiful bride you've ever seen?!

I was out of school the week before Christmas, so I rode back with my parents and stayed with them for a few days.  My grandmother isn't doing so well, so I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible while I had the chance. I had started having some nauseousness on the way to her wedding but I assumed it was just car sickness or something.  While at my parents, I continued to have the nauseousness but I also started having cramps.  Which is not a pregnancy symptom I'm familiar with so I thought nothing of it.  Then one day, I got dizzy all of a sudden and my dad said something about me being pregnant.  Again, I dismissed it, attributing it to standing up too quickly.  But, just for curiosity's sake, I looked up "early signs of pregnancy."  I still hadn't missed my period so I wasn't too concerned, BUT when I saw the list included: dizziness, menstrual-like cramps, nauseousness, and moodiness (which Tanner will affirm this one)...all of which I had been experiencing over the past 2 weeks, I freaked a little.  Finally, my friend Drew urged me to take a test.  Which I did. And it didn't work. So I took another...and it messed up too. So we went to buy more and finally, third times a charm, it immediately showed a plus sign. So, along with all the other symptoms, I added shortness of breath and freaking out to the list. Now, don't get me wrong, I was extremely excited, but I was nervous, too! I couldn't tell anyone because I wanted to tell Tanner first.  The next day, my dad drove me to the airport so I could fly back to Houston - try riding in a car with your dad for 2 hours having JUST found out you are pregnant and not having an emotional's nearly impossible.  And then try flying through a thunderstorm while experiencing 'morning sickness.' It's not on my to-do list again any time soon. I finally made it to my husband and boy was I shaking.  We had to drive an hour and a half to his parents house and I knew this was the only time I was going to have to tell him if we wanted to tell family during the holiday get-togethers. So, I begged him to drive (which gave away that I was hiding something because I NEVER volunteer for this duty) so he wouldn't kill us or someone else when he had a stroke and wrecked the car. Then when we were good and on our way, I told him I had an early Christmas present for him in my purse. He pulled out the green-tissue-wrapped tests, yes plural, and immediately starting feeling the package.  He figured out what they were before he even opened them! After he came out of his state of shock he smiled and started asking questions.  So we spent some time with his family and then drove back to Bryan to have Christmas Eve and Christmas services and then drove back to Hattiesburg to have my family's Christmas.  (Talk about tired of being in a car!) At every family gathering, we wrapped (the same) pack of diapers to let the parents and grandparents unwrap.  I was so glad we found out at a perfect time to be able to tell our families in person and for the most part, all at once! And my favorite was getting to capture the reactions to keep forever =)

As you can see, dad and grandpa were a little shell-shocked at first! ha.

And here we are at the present time and we had our first Dr. appointment this morning! He said everything looked good.  We are 5 1/2 weeks along with a due date of August 31. So far, my symptoms have been mild and sporadic, but he said around 6 weeks is when they could hit pretty strong, so I may be singing a different tune this time next week.  We struggled with whether or not to tell everyone until we had an ultrasound, but I just couldn't hold it in any longer! Everywhere around here won't even give us an appointment until I'm 8 weeks.  It's a running joke now that I may be having twins.  Well, I say joke, but it's an absolute possibility.  My dad's a twin so I have a higher chance of it and everyone seems to think I'm going to be the lucky one in the family to continue the tradition - so I'm extremely ready for an ultrasound!


  1. So incredibly exciting! And it's great that you journaled about this on your blog so you will always have a written reminder of how you found out! Congrats again!

  2. I'm so happy for y'all! I had a smile on my face the entire time I read this :) I really love the last photo! Priceless.