Monday, August 15, 2011

BIG NEWS!!

Ok, sooo....I've got some really big news!!! ya ready for it?.... We're moving! I bet you thought we were having a baby, huh? Nope. Just moving to Bryan, Texas...sorry for the disappointment. =) Anyways, I figured it was time to let everyone know.  It has been in the works all summer and we finally set the date for Labor Day weekend.  I'll start from the beginning and tell the whole story - it's really an amazing one. In April, Tanner gets a phone call from some random guy at First Baptist Church in Bryan, Texas.  They are creating a Media Director position and Tanner's name came up in conversation.  And while my husband is AMAZING at what he does, no, he's not famous enough yet to be that well known. =) Notice I said "yet" because one day he will be! Tanner's dad is a music minister and was on staff with the pastor who is now at FBC Bryan.  Just from meeting him once, the pastor remembered that this was Tanner's line of work and had heard that he was really good, so he put his name in the hat.  Hence, the random phone call.  At first, we were both kind of on the fence of whether or not we wanted to even consider it.  We were just getting settled in our new home and jobs and we are really comfortable in Hattiesburg.  My family is here, so of course I am biased to the area.  But we both agreed we shouldn't close the door immediately.  So, Tanner skype-interviewed with them and began the process.  Throughout it all, we fervently prayed that God would show us His will and open/close any necessary doors.  We even thought maybe it was God just telling us we need to look elsewhere...not necessarily Bryan, TX, but that it was coming time for us to move on from Hattiesburg.  Well, in time, God closed every other door we tried to open.  Except Bryan.  The process continued through the summer, with God slamming all kinds of doors in both of our faces.  It was a rough process, but we finally said, Ok God we get it...Bryan, TX it is.  I mean, seriously...why could it not have been Colorado or Tennessee...? If we were going to pick up our lives and move 8 hours away, couldn't it at least be to an outdoorsy town that wasn't even HOTTER than where we live - I didn't even think that was possible! But, God's plan is perfect =) and he continues to show us that every day.  We had the opportunity to meet some of the staff and members of FBC and can I just tell you, they are amazing! From the very beginning they have been MORE than helpful and continuously shower us with God's love.  So - we put our house up for sale.less than a year after buying it.and it's still there.and it looks like it will be for a while. And I started looking for a job.  I put out my resume for every facility, school and hospital, in the Bryan/College Station area.  I had some possibilities, but nothing was panning out.  I was hoping for a school job because of the holidays and schedule, but I would take anything that meant income.  Well, last week, a friend that we had meet in Bryan, who happens to be a speech pathologist also, got a call from a company saying they had a position in a nearby school.  She told them she wasn't interested, but had a friend that was.  So the next day I called them - I had never heard of them before, so I was kind of nervous about that and the job was 50 miles away.  I just didn't think I could handle that.  Well, the same afternoon, the company I used to work for - and love! - called me.  I told them I had an option but wasn't happy with it because it was so far away.  So, they got on the phone and called every school within 50 miles of Bryan! What a company! And they found something...turns out, it's the same job! EXCEPT...it's only 30 miles from town AND it's only 4 days a week! But the same salary - can you say thank you Lord! This amazing school district just outside of Bryan, had hired someone to fill this position last May, but LAST WEEK, the girl got accepted to graduate school out of state so it suddenly opened up.  Another door God swung wide open for us. And since it's through a contract company, and our house hasn't sold yet, I will get a tax-free stipend for the job being so far away from our "home address" I love how God makes the best out of bad situations! And so, here we are.  This is Tanner's last week of work at Temple and he begins his new adventure the last Monday of August. I will hopefully join him Labor Day weekend (they have to fill my job at school before I can leave). Our house will stay on the market - for sale or lease - while we are able to live at the mission home for the church. Yet another answered prayer and opened door.  Please keep us in your prayers.  Even though I know God is all over this situation, it's a very scary thing.  I've never lived away from my parents except for my freshman year at college and even then I came home every other weekend.  I hated it with a passion.  My family is extremely close and my grandparents aren't going to be around much longer.  Not to mention my precious niece that has stolen my heart.  I struggle daily, even hourly, with putting my complete faith and trust in God to fill the hole in my heart.  Everyone says that moving away from family is the best thing that can happen to newlyweds. And I AM excited that we are going to be slightly closer to his parents - they are wonderful and I can't wait to hopefully spend more time with them.  However, I know the next few months are going to be extremely tough - as individuals, as a couple and as a family.  So, please join us in continually praying that God's will be done in this situation. That we would continue to give complete control to Him and not try to control everything within our comfort zone.   I know Tanner's gift is going to be used in a mighty way to exalt Christ.  I can't wait to being our new life in Bryan even though I'm going to miss our life here.  Well, sorry if I disappointed you about our news not being a baby, but maybe one day =)

No comments:

Post a Comment